Sunday, June 21, 2009

What do you do in the Summertime?


Oh what do in the summer time when all the world is green,

Do you swim in a pool to keep yourself cool or swing in a tree up high?

Is that what you do? So do I...


Michelle and I have been going in the mornings (6:30 am) to swim laps but it's been a little nippy. I spend the rest of the day trying to get warm. But I am so proud of myself because when I first started I struggled to swim a whole lap and the other day I swam 20 consecutive american crawl and 12 more laps alternating different strokes!


It's been such a cool summer that I have loved it so far. My yard looks good and my garden is pretty. The deer seem to enjoy it too. Unfortunately they love my strawberries, but I have had a few raspberries and peas. I think my blackberries are going to come on while we are gone. One day Randy came home for lunch and there was a deer on our front porch getting a drink. I wonder if my ponds make it too much of a suitable habitat.


Today is Father's day and I just want my boys, (Aaron and Gabe too. They are my boys now too) to know how much I admire the kind of father's they are. You all seem so good at it , like it comes naturally to you. You treat your kids with respect and you give them such good examples to follow. Of course you have your father as the best example. If you live your life like he has you will have happy, emotionally healthy kids who love the Lord and want to choose the right.


We leave for the Miller reunion and Nauvoo this Thursday. I'm so excited.


No comments: