Thursday, April 9, 2009

Okay so that was last night at 11:00. Today in the light of day I would really like you to tell me what the Spirit taught you at conference. It's so interesting to me that we all physically hear the same words at conference but through the spirit we all hear different things. The thing that came through the strongest to me was that we live in perilous times but there are things we can and must do to survive joyfully. The first is the big three from Pres. Monson.
Study Diligently,
Pray Fervently
Live Righteously.

Then the next was to go to the temple often because of the protection it provides for us and our children. I hope you who are close go. I know it is hard to arrange with babies, but I'm convinced it is one thing in this crazy world that will protect our children from the evil around us.

I love you all and we are so grateful that you have chosen to come unto Christ. You are diligent disciples and I learn from your examples. Thank you.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think of myself as a person who has great faith. I don't worry about things much, because I know that the Lord is in charge. But I learned through this conference that I need to have faith in myself, and my children. I fear that I'm not doing a good enough job. That my boys won't grow up with the values that I hope for them. And it was said that fear and faith cannot coexist. So in the one place where my faith needs to be the strongest I am lacking. So I decided to have more faith! That doing my best, along with action, means that the Lord WILL protect those sweet little boys. And to do it cheerfully! I decided there will be times when I have to paint the smile on, but I'm going to do it. So my family can enjoy a cheerful home. That was what I learned. (And go to the temple.)

Lance and Nikki said...

I liked the talk that was about how fear and faith cannot coexist also. It seems like since I had Hailee, I have been more afraid. I worry that I'm not being a good enough mom, that Hailee's not taking a long enough nap, that she's taking too long of nap, etc. etc. etc! But conference helped me to realize that I need to have more faith and just live life! (sorry Michelle if that sounds a lot like yours, I guess moms think alike) Also I felt like it talked a lot about how important temples are and that our homes are as holy as the temple. (a little hint for Lance to go make the bed:) I always remember my mom saying that the world is mean enough outside of our house that we need to make sure our home is a safe haven.

Brownies said...

I think the biggest push I felt from conference was to become closer to my savior. Elder Holland's talk really hit me how he was forsaken and alone long enough, and that we should never allow Him to be alone again. The week after conference I gave the RS lesson on being Valiant in the cause of Christ, but I tweaked it a little at the end saying not only be valiant in the cause of Christ, but be valiant TO Christ...along with what Elder Holland was saying. Be there for Him, be valiant to HIm, and follow Him, because he is always there and valiant to us.