Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hill Cumorah

This is the top of the Hill Cumorah. There are about 6000 chairs. People begin to come and reserve seats in the afternoon. While they are waiting the cast goes around and talks to the audience. That is what made me want to go to on a mission. It was great to ask people what they knew about the church and if they wanted to have missionaries come to their homes. The cast now is made up of families so it was fun to talk to them and they handed out referral cards and pass along cards.
This is a statue at the top of the hill of the Angel Moroni. It was a tough climb up the hill.
The hill was covered with trees. I wondered how he found a rock on that hill. We saw pictures of the hill in the 1800s though and it was bald, no trees at all.
This was my favorite part of the pagent... when the Savior returns and blesses the children. When I was there I was one of the wicked people who burned Abinadi. I always wonder if my heart would be soft enough to hear and obey. I've been very blessed to have the gospel in my life.

No comments: